With a magnificently stylised farmhouse cockerel embossed into the lid of this superb 24cm Staub French Rooster Cocotte and a gleaming multi-layer Grenadine glaze, the two cast lifting handles nickel steel lifting knob make this casserole dish memorable indeed. Made in individual sand moulds, both the base and lid of this quality cast iron cocotte feature specialised matte black interior glazed surfaces designed to be resistant to scratches, chips and discolouration while also able to endure higher heats when braising, caramelising and de-glazing. Your French Rooster Cocotte can be used on all stovetops including induction and of course in the oven to 250°C. Distinctive and prized in the best restaurants and most discerning homes, Staub Cocottes are instantly recognisable as iconic pieces, unique to this sought-after brand.
The close-fitting domed lid has self-basting spikes to retain and distribute flavour-filled moisture while the outstanding heat retention of cast iron will eliminate hot spots and distribute heat more efficiently. With all the health advantages of being Cadmium and lead free, PFOA and PTFE free, this stylish Staub Cocotte is dishwasher safe, however hand washing is recommended.
- Functional cast iron cookware with a beautifully embossed rooster on the lid
- Made of lasting enamel cast iron that ensures even heat distribution and better heat retention
- Tight-fitting lid comes with a self-basting system underneath to ensure continuous moisture circulation and flavour retention
- Black interior in enamel finish is resistant to chips and scratches and needs little seasoning over time
- Constructed in France using a sand mould that is destroyed after forming each cookware, making every Staub piece one of a kind
- Suitable for all kinds of stovetops including induction and can be used in the oven and on the grill
- Polished and intricately designed cast iron cookware that goes from cooktop to your table